Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What & Why Magazines


Magazine Name: Premiere
Publisher: Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S.
Type of Magazine: Consumer-Entertainment
Subscription: No
Q & A: I first found this magazine four years ago in my high school library. That’s why I never had a subscription. I always looked at the magazine in my school library. Premiere magazine fitted into the category of consumer/entertainment magazine because this magazine was all about movies. Premiere magazine was a magazine that any movie lover could look at, but Premiere magazine targeted mostly teenagers to young adults. I know this because Premiere magazine had actors such as Will Ferrell and Steve Carell on the cover to promote their up and coming comedy movies. I believe I was a target because I am a teenager turning into a young adult. After first finding this great magazine, I picked it to read every month. As I said before, actors such as Will Ferrell and Steve Carell were on the cover of Premiere magazine promoting their films. Will’s and Steve’s faces being on the cover made me want to read the magazine. If the magazine had their faces on the cover I knew that the issue must be good because those two actors are good. If this magazine was still around I would recommend it but unfortunately Premiere magazine folded in April of this year. However, the magazine may not be around any longer but the website is, so I do recommended checking out the website if there is ever a movie you want to know more about.

2 comments:

Kristen G said...

This sounds like a really good magazine...I wish it was still around so I could check it out! That's too bad but I will def. check out the website sometime!

stefan r said...

Hey Chelsea, I didnt know you liked Premiere, is spiderman one of your favorite movies!